say about our repairs:
We will not, under any circumstances, accept collect shipments.
Any parcel arriving collect will be refused and returned.
• Always include a note with your gear containing:
- your name, daytime phone number, email address
(optional), and return shipping address;
- as detailed a description of the item's
symptoms as possible. (if this is not specified, and we can't
easily reproduce the problem, you may incur a "no fault
- whether or not you want insurance on the
• Items will be shipped from BACKLINE with no additional
insurance (i.e. just the courier's default per-shipment
insurance amount) unless additional insurance is specifically
requested by the customer. Please note that many couriers
offer limited coverage, or no coverage, on repaired items. Contact
your preferred courier for details.
• If using Greyhound Courier, select delivery "TO DOOR",
not "TO STATION". We will not pay the charges
to have the item shipped to us from the station, and your shipment
will be sent back to you.
• BACKLINE is not responsible for loss of, or damage to, customers'
repair items (warranty or non-warranty) during shipment to or
• Repairs to electronic equipment can result in loss of saved
data. BACKLINE is not responsible for data lost during a repair.
PLEASE ensure your data (patches, presets, recorded tracks/songs,
etc.) are BACKED UP BEFORE sending your gear in for repair.
• BACKLINE can send your gear back to you via any national courier
service such as Greyhound, Purolator, DHL, or UPS, and some
smaller/local couriers like Dan Foss, Ace or Atlas. We ship
via Canada Post only if the item is very small (mailbox-size).
• Repaired items that BACKLINE ships to customers (via courier,
mail etc.) are subject to a handling fee. This fee covers any
shipping materials used, and time spent unpacking / repacking,
filling out waybills, calling couriers etc. Where applicable,
this fee will be between $5 and $15 depending on the item's
size and type of packaging used. (Warranty repairs are exempt
from this fee if the item was sent to BACKLINE in its original
• Please do not use packing peanuts. We really, really hate
them... not to mention that friction between styrofoam chips
can create a static charge that can damage electronic gear.
They also provide poor protection for heavy items.
• Please treat your gear with the care it deserves, and pack
it properly so that it is protected during shipping!
• Contact us if you plan to ship items internationally, as we
usually do not accept repairs from outside Canada.