• BACKLINE charges a minimum 20-minute charge for all repairs
including No Fault Found UNLESS your item is unrepairable.
• Items left 14 days after completion of repair are subject
to a daily storage fee.
Items left 60 days after completion of repair
become property of BACKLINE.
• Repairs to electronic equipment can result in loss of saved
data. BACKLINE is not responsible for data lost during a repair.
PLEASE ensure your data (patches, presets, recorded
tracks/songs, etc.) are BACKED UP BEFORE bringing your
gear in for repair.
• BACKLINE reserves the right to refuse any non-warranty repair.
• BACKLINE does not return defective, worn-out or unsafe parts
(tubes, switches, transformers, etc.) that are replaced during
repair UNLESS, when the item is dropped off at BACKLINE, the
customer specifically asks to have them back. (We discard
bad parts so that they won't ever be accidentally re-used
and damage your equipment.)
• Contact us if you plan to ship items internationally, as
we usually do not accept repairs from outside Canada.
• Estimates are by request only. If an
estimate is not requested, we'll complete your repair and
call you when the item is ready for pick-up.
• An estimate surcharge of $10 applies when BACKLINE contacts
a customer with an estimate. Here's
(To possibly avoid this fee, and to speed a repair up, you
can say "call me only if the repair will be over
$--- [maximum "budget" for the repair], otherwise
proceed with the repair.")
• A diagnostic fee of 0.5h - 1h labour applies if an estimate
• BACKLINE cannot provide estimates by phone or email, as
we need to see your gear to produce an accurate diagnosis.
• Estimates, by
their very nature, are not exact. Your final repair cost
may be more or less than estimated, within reason.
Under Manufacturer's Warranty
• All warranty repairs require a valid
bill of sale, showing when and where the item was purchased,
before work will be undertaken.
• Most items bought from sellers located outside of Canada (whether
from a store or an online retailer) are not eligible
for warranty service in Canada. If you're not sure about the
warranty status of your item, call us to verify.
• Warranty repairs must be shipped in the original manufacturer's
packing. Warranty repairs not shipped in the original manufacturer's
packaging may be refused on arrival at BACKLINE, or charged
a handling fee (see our shipping policies
for more information).
• In most cases, manufacturer's warranty will be voided if the
item is disassembled or partial disassembled by anyone other
than a technician at an authorized service centre. For this
reason, items being shipped or brought to BACKLINE for warranty
repair must remain completely assembled.
• Many, but not all, manufacturers will cover the cost of shipping
a warrantied item back to the customer. If you are not sure
if your item qualifies for no-charge return shipping, call us
• BACKLINE cannot offer rush service on warranty repairs.