Dear Backline Customers,
Backline's Repairs department is now permanently closed.
However, our techs have launched their own companies.
Bookmark them at:
for amp repairs, pedal repairs and more
for vintage synth and DJ gear repairs
NOTE: we do not
accept large subwoofers, keyboards attached to stands, or
large-format mixing consoles, on a walk-in basis. Please CALL
AHEAD for a time slot if bringing in a large sub, keyboard
on a stand, or large mixer.
BACKLINE operates an extensive pro audio repair service facility.
We service many types and brands of pro audio equipment and
electronic musical instruments including:
• Guitar and bass amplifiers, current and vintage (Fender,
Marshall, Hiwatt, Peavey, Yorkville, etc.)
• Synthesizers & electronic keyboards, current and vintage
(Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Moog, Doepfer, etc.)
• Mixers & processors (Yamaha, Allen & Heath, Mackie,
• DJ equipment (Technics SL-1200/1210 turntables, Pioneer
CDJ/DJM's, Rane TTM's, etc.)
• Microphones (Rode, Shure, AKG, Audio Technica, etc.)
• Power amplifiers (QSC, Yamaha, Bryston, etc.)
• Monitors for studio and sound reinforcement (Mackie, JBL,
• Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer 200/200A pianos: we no longer
repair these except under special circumstances.
• Audio interfaces: all we can do to repair audio interface
products (e.g. by Presonus, Apogee, M-Audio, Focusrite, etc.),
is replace broken or faulty hardware such as jacks, faders,
switches, and sometimes power supplies. We cannot
repair electronic or connectivity problems. Please contact
us before bringing in an audio interface.
• We generally do NOT service equipment by Apex, Behringer,
Bose, Casio, Digidesign, Fishman, Gemsound,
Kawai, Numark, Panasonic, Suzuki,
or Telex Wireless except under special circumstances.
If you need a repair to any of these
brands, please contact us to see if we will accept it.
• We generally do NOT service headphones; we only work on
certain AKG models.
Please call to inquire if you have
AKG headphones needing repair.
• We only repair American Audio products if they are still
covered under warranty in Canada.
• We do NOT service lighting equipment.
Our technicians have over thirty years' combined experience,
with special expertise in repair & restoration of .vintage
guitar and bass amps and music keyboards. As well, they're
musicians themselves, with experience in studio recording
and live performance. The bottom line is that we understand
equipment not just from a technical perspective, but from
the player's perspective too.
Our wide array of test equipment and our large parts inventory
ensure the shortest turn-around time possible. We can provide
you with an estimate on your repair (an estimate fee applies
if a repair is declined), but please note that for efficiency,
estimates are by request only.
BACKLINE offers a 30-day guarantee on all our repairs.
We're always happy to discuss your repair with you before
you bring or ship your gear to us. Just contact our Service
department at info at backline dot com
or (604) 258-9111.